Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Gehl RS8-44 GEN:2
Call for Price
The model RS8-44 GEN:2 is built with high quality components, which enhance performance on all levels.
• Boom tip lift hook option is now available as a factory-installed option or field installed option.
• Proven welded box-section boom design makes the boom stronger than competitive models.
• Well-thought-out cylinder design provides one of the fastest cycle times in the industry.
• Strong frame with reinforced C-channels performs well under heavy lifting conditions.
• Frame leveling feature adjusts 10-degrees to the left and right, enhancing performance on uneven terrain.
• Internal wet disc brakes provide excellent stopping ability and long life.
• Dual-element air filter protects the engine from airborne contaminants, increasing engine performance and longevity.
Operator's Cabin: The RS8-44 GEN:2 Telescopic Handler features spacious, modern operator stations to maximize comfort and productivity.
• 44 cubic-foot cab enclosure provides optimal leg room and a spacious operating environment.
• ROPS/FOPS canopy is standard equipment; ROPS/FOPS enclosed cab is optional.
• FOPS is completely welded into the ROPS, providing better visibility when placing a load.
• Virtually 360-degree visibility increases safety and operating accuracy.
• Deluxe high-back seat maximizes operator comfort. Adjustable suspension seat is optional.
• Side and rear glass is standard equipment, enhancing operator safety.
Handling: Safety and efficiency are two of the most important factors on the jobsite. The RS8-44 GEN:2 provides the tools to achieve both effectively.
• Three steering modes – 4-wheel, 2-wheel and crab – enhance maneuverability and are easily changed by the flip of a switch.
• SAHR (spring-applied, hydraulic-release) parking brake is applied automatically when the engine is shut off, or by pressing a rocker switch.
Remote Boom Control: The Remote Boom Control option allows operators to control boom and engine functions from outside the cab.
• Remote Boom Control can raise/lower and extend/retract the boom, as well as start/stop the engine from the work platform or outside the cab.
• Personnel Work Platform System allows the use of ANSI/ITSDF B56.6-compliant personnel work platforms for safety and efficiency.
Engine: The RS8-44 GEN:2 Telescopic Handlers provides the power to get work done effectively and efficiently.
• Engine shutdown protection feature allows 30-seconds of run time for moving the unit to a safe location for loading or repair.
• Dana three-speed power-shift transmission is easy to maintain.
• Limited-slip differential in the front axle provides additional traction in muddy and unimproved surfaces.
Hydraulics: The model RS8-44 GEN:2 makes no exceptions when it comes to hydraulic performance. These machines can take virtually anything.
• Dual-function, pilot-assisted joystick is standard equipment.
• Optional tri-function, pilot-assisted joystick allows the operator to set variable tilt and auxiliary function speeds.
• Auto-leveling feature keeps loads level when raising/lowering the boom.
Attachments: There is a tool for every job, and the RS8-44 GEN:2 can power them all. Dynattach® Quick-Attach system allows quick attachment changes with unsurpassed ease.
Serviceability: Plenty of access points and over-sized covers make service and maintenance on the RS8-44 GEN:2 a snap.
• Over-sized front cover provides easy access to the hydraulic reservoir and hydraulic pressure ports for service and testing.
• Side-mounted fuel tank with battery access and an additional storage compartment.
• Lockable rear-side covers located on both sides of the machine slide out of the way to expose the engine for service.
• Shorter hoses from main valve to boom provide neat hose routing, enhancing serviceability.
- Lift Capacity: 8,000 lb. (3629 kg)
- Maximum Lift Height: 44 ft. 0 in. (13.4 m)
- Capacity at Maximum Lift Height: 7,000 lb. (3176 kg)
- Maximum Forward Reach: 30 ft. 5 in. (9.3 m)
- Capacity at Maximum Forward Reach: 1,000 lb. (454 kg)
- Maximum Reach Below Grade: 16 in. (406 mm)
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Model: QSF 3.8 Tier IV
- Power: 120 hp
- Aspiration: Turbocharged
- Rated Speed: 2,500 rpm
- Transmission: Dana 3-speed Powershift
- Maximum Travel Speed: 19.6 mph
- Selective Steering: 4-Wheel; 2-Wheel; Crab
- Brakes: 4-Wheel Hydraulically Actuated Internal Wet-Disc Brake
- Parking Brake: Spring-Applied, Hydraulic Release (SAHR) on Front Axle
- Axle Manufacturer: Dana
- Pump Type: Gear
- Total Capacity: 41.5 gpm
- System Pressure: 3000 psi (207 bar)
- Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity: 45 gal. (170 L)
- Approximate Weight: 23,500 lb. (10659 kg)
- Length - Less Forks: 19 ft. 10 in. (5.8 m)
- Width: 8 ft. 0 in. (2.4 m)
- Ground Clearance: 16 in. (400 mm)
- Wheelbase: 10 ft. 0 in. (3.0 m)
- Turning Radius: 13 ft. 8 in. (4.2 m)
- Overall Height: 7 ft. 10 in. (2.4 m)
- Frame Leveling: ±10°
- Fuel Capacity: 47 gal. (178 L)
- 13.00 x 24/12 PR
- 13.00 x 24/12 PR Foam-Filled
- 13.00 x 24/12 PR - Rock
- 13.00 x 24 Solid Rubber
- Engine Type
- QSF 3.8 Tier IV
- Engine Manufacturer
- 120 hp
- Rated RPM
- 2,500 rpm
- Fuel Capacity
- 47 gal. (178 L)
- Bucket Capacity
- Lift Capacity: 8,000 lb. (3629 kg); Capacity at Maximum Lift Height: 7,000 lb. (3176 kg)
- Max Ground Speed
- 19.6 mph
- Tire Size
- 13.00 x 24
- 19 ft. 10 in. (5.8 m)
- 8 ft. 0 in. (2.4 m)
- 7 ft. 10 in. (2.4 m)
- 23,500 lb. (10659 kg)
- 10 ft. 0 in. (3.0 m)