Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Gehl Z55
Operator's Cabin: The Z55 is available in canopy or cab configurations, allowing you to tailor the machine to meet your specific work environment.
• Large cab offers state-of-the-art controls, digital display and excellent visibility.
• Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
• Optional cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
• Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
• Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
• Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
Controls: The controls on the Z55 compact excavator are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
• Digital Operator Interface shows real time system information, service reminders, and 90 days of operating history.
• Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
• Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
• One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal or joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
• The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Boom: Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
• Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
• Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
• Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
• Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
Undercarriage: The undercarriage of the Z55 compact excavator was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
• Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
• Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
• Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
• Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
• Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
Engine: The Z55 compact excavator is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Tier IV Yanmar diesel engine.
• Yanmar Tier IV certified diesel engine with 37.7 hp provides excellent balance in power and fuel conservation.
• ECO Mode can be activated from the cab with a switch. When activated, the engine speed is reduced by 10%, reducing fuel consumption for lowered operating costs.
• Auto Deceleration lowers noise and emissions levels when the hydraulic movement has not occurred for more than four seconds. This increases fuel economy and lowers operating costs.
• Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
• Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
Hydraulics: The advanced hydraulic system on the Z55 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
• Standard auxiliary proportional hydraulics give the operator infinitely variable control of the hydraulic flow.
• Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
• Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
• Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
• Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
• Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
• Two large, rear doors open easily to expose the battery, engine oil, air filter and cooling system.
• Remove the right-hand step to reveal the hose joint at the front of the frame.
• The right-hand side cover is easily removed with just two bolts. Remove the top right hand side to easily clean behind the radiator.
• A cover on top of the unit on the right side allows access to the fuel supply and a handy tool storage tray.
• The access panel beneath the operator’s seat easily opens to reveal the starter motor, fuse panel, alternator and fan belt.
- Operating Weight with Canopy: 11,850 lb. (5375 kg)
- Operating Weight with Cab: 12,247 lb. (5555 kg)
- Max. Digging Depth: 12 ft. 9.5 in. (3900 mm)
- Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 8 ft. 4.8 in. (2560 mm)
- Max. Reach at Ground Level: 20 ft. 1.7 in. (6140 mm)
- Transport Length: 18 ft. 3.7 in. (5580 mm)
- Undercarriage Length: 8 ft. 6 in. (2590 mm)
- Max. Digging Height: 19 ft. 10.6 in. (6060 mm)
- Max. Dump Height: 13 ft. 3.4 in. (4050 mm)
- Minimum Front Swing Radius: 6 ft. 11.1 in. (2110 mm)
- Transport Height: 8 ft. 4 in. (2540 mm)
- Blade Below Ground/ w/angle blade: 1 ft. 10.4 in. / 1 ft. 9.3 in. (570 mm / 540 mm)
- Overall Base Width: 6 ft. 6.3 in. (1990 mm)
- Track Width: 1 ft. 3.7 in. (400 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 1 ft. 1.6 in. (345 mm)
- Parallel Offset Right: 2 ft. 6.3 in. (770 mm)
- Parallel Offset Left: 2 ft. 2.8 in. (680 mm)
- Rear End Swing Radius: 3 ft. 2.2 in. (970 mm)
- Width - extended/retracted: 6 ft. 5.6 in. (1970 mm)
- Height: 15.7 in. (400 mm)
- Make: Yanmar (Yanmar)
- Model: 4TNV86CT Tier IV (4TNV86CT Tier IV)
- Type: Diesel (Diesel)
- Displacement : 128 cu.in. (2.09 L)
- Net Power @ rpm: 44.9 HP @ 2400 (33.5 kW @ 2400)
- Fuel Tank : 17.4 gal. (66 L)
- Fuel Consumption : 1.35 gal./hr (5.1 L/hr)
- Pumps: 2 variable, 2 gear (2 variable, 2 gear)
- Total Flow Rate : 36.9 gpm (139.4 L/min)
- Working Pressure : 3,553 psi (245 bar)
- Swing System Pressure : 3,133 psi (216 bar)
- Oil Cooler: Standard (Standard)
- Hydraulic Tank : 10.0 gal. (38 L)
- Travel Speed - dual: 1.4/2.6 mph (2.2/4.2 km/hr)
- Gradability: 20 deg. (20 deg.)
- Track Type/Width: Rubber/15.7 in. (Rubber/400 mm)
- Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle): 4/1 (4/1)
- Undercarriage Length: 8 ft. 6 in. (2590 mm)
- Track Length on Ground: 7 ft. 4.4 in. (2246 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 13.6 in. (345 mm)
- Ground Pressure - Cab/Canopy: 4.4/4.3 psi (30.3/29.3 kPa)
- Slew Speed: 10 RPM (10 RPM)
- Maximum Drawbar Pull: 12,544 lb. (5690 kg)
- Maximum Bucket Breakout: 7,464 lb. (3385 kg)
- Maximum Arm Digging Force: 5,058 lb. (2294 kg)
- Electric Glow Plug Starting Aid: Standard
- Yanmar, Naturally-Aspirated Diesel Engine: Standard
- Eco Mode: Standard
- Power-A-Tach® Hydraulic Quick-Attach System: Standard
- Factory Installed Hydraulic Thumb Attachment: Optional
- Hydraulic Pumps: 4
- ISO/SAE Pattern Control Valve: Standard
- Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulic Joystick Control: Standard
- Two-way Auxiliary Hydraulics with Quick Couplers and Direct-to-Tank Bypass Valve: Standard
- Rubber Tracks: Standard
- Selectable 2-Speed Transmission: Standard
- Track Rollers: 4
- 360° Continuous Movement: Standard
- Auto Idle: Standard
- Zero-tail-Swing: Standard
- Enclosed Cab: Optional
- Canopy: Standard
- 3" Safety Belt: Optional
- Adjustable Armrests - height and angle: Standard
- Forearm Supports: Standard
- Adjustable Suspension Seat: Standard
- Air Conditioning: Optional
- Radio-Ready with Speakers and Antennae: Standard
- Horn: Standard
- Boom Work Lights: Standard
- Compaction Plates
- Compaction Wheel
- Frost Ripper
- Pavement Removal Bucket
- Engine Type
- 4TNV86CT Tier IV
- Engine Manufacturer
- 44.9 hp
- Rated RPM
- 2400 rpm
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.4 gal. (66 L)
- 18 ft. 3.7 in.
- 6 ft. 6.3 in.
- 8 ft. 4 in. (2540 mm)
- Canopy: 11850 lb.; Cab: 12247 lb.
- Hydraulic System
- Pumps: 2 variable, 2 gear; Total Flow Rate: 36.9 gpm
- Max Dig Depth
- 12 ft. 9.5 in.
- Max Dump Height
- 13 ft. 3.4 in.
- Max Reach
- 20 ft. 1.7 in.
- 1.4/2.6 mph