Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Gehl RS6-42 GEN:2 Telescopic Handler
The model RS6-42 GEN:2 is built with high quality components, which enhance performance on all levels.
* Boom tip lift hook option is now available as a factory-installed option or field installed option.
* Proven welded box-section boom design makes the boom stronger than competitive models.
* Well-thought-out cylinder design provides one of the fastest cycle times in the industry.
* Strong frame with reinforced C-channels performs well under heavy lifting conditions.
* Frame leveling feature adjusts 10-degrees to the left and right, enhancing performance on uneven terrain.
* Internal wet disc brakes provide excellent stopping ability and long life.
* Dual-element air filter protects the engine from airborne contaminants, increasing engine performance and longevity.
The RS6-42 GEN:2 Telescopic Handler features spacious, modern operator stations to maximize comfort and productivity.
* 44 cubic-foot cab enclosure provides optimal leg room and a spacious operating environment.
* ROPS/FOPS canopy is standard equipment; ROPS/FOPS enclosed cab is optional.
* FOPS is completely welded into the ROPS, providing better visibility when placing a load.
* Virtually 360-degree visibility increases safety and operating accuracy.
* Deluxe high-back seat maximizes operator comfort. Adjustable suspension seat is optional.
* Side and rear glass is standard equipment, enhancing operator safety.
Safety and efficiency are two of the most important factors on the jobsite. The RS6-42 GEN:2 provides the tools to achieve both effectively.
* Three steering modes – 4-wheel, 2-wheel and crab – enhance maneuverability and are easily changed by the flip of a switch.
* SAHR (spring-applied, hydraulic-release) parking brake is applied automatically when the engine is shut off, or by pressing a rocker switch.
Turning Radius (m) 13'8" (4.2)
Remote Boom Control
The Remote Boom Control option allows operators to control boom and engine functions from outside the cab.
* Remote Boom Control can raise/lower and extend/retract the boom, as well as start/stop the engine from the work platform or outside the cab.
* Personnel Work Platform System allows the use of ANSI/ITSDF B56.6-compliant personnel work platforms for safety and efficiency.
The RS6-42 GEN:2 Telescopic Handlers provides the power to get work done effectively and efficiently.
* Dana three-speed power-shift transmission is easy to maintain.
* Limited-slip differential in the front axle provides additional traction in muddy and unimproved surfaces.
Model QSF 3.8 Tier IV
Power (kW) 120 hp (89)
Maximum Travel Speed (km/hr) 19.6 mph (31.5)
Rated Speed 2,500 rpm
The model RS6-42 GEN:2 makes no exceptions when it comes to hydraulic performance. These machines can take virtually anything.
* Dual-function, pilot-assisted joystick is standard equipment.
* Optional tri-function, pilot-assisted joystick allows the operator to set variable tilt and auxiliary function speeds.
* Auto-leveling feature keeps loads level when raising/lowering the boom.
Pump Type Gear
Total Capacity (L/min) 41.5 gpm (157)
System Pressure (bar) 3,000 psi (207)
Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity (L) 45 gal. (170)
There is a tool for every job, and the RS6-42 GEN:2 can power them all. Dynattach® Quick-Attach system allows quick attachment changes with unsurpassed ease.
A Carriages – Masonry, framing and standard carriages available in different widths.
B Rotating Carriage – 48" (1219 mm) and 66" (1676 mm) wide.
C Fork Shift - 50" (1270 mm) wide.
D Personnel Work Platforms - 180° swing platform and 48" x 50" x 114" (1219 mm x 1270 mm x 2895 mm) platform.
E Swing Carriage – 90° and 180° swing.
F Log and Pipe Grapple.
G Jib Boom - 5' (1.5 m) with winch and 60' (18.3 m) cable.
H Truss Boom - 15' (4.5 m) with optional winch.
Boom Tip Lift Hook
* This factory-installed option provides a secure lifting point for transporting suspended loads without the use of an additional attachment.
* The lift capacity remains the same as a standard carriage, while the quick attachment point increases versatility and reduces downtime.
Plenty of access points and over-sized covers make service and maintenance on the RS6-42 GEN:2 a snap.
* Over-sized front cover provides easy access to the hydraulic reservoir and hydraulic pressure ports for service and testing.
* Side-mounted fuel tank with battery access and an additional storage compartment.
* Lockable rear-side covers located on both sides of the machine slide out of the way to expose the engine for service.
* Shorter hoses from main valve to boom provide neat hose routing, enhancing serviceability.
- Lift Capacity: 6,600 lbs.
- Maximum Lift Height: 42'0"
- Capacity at Maximum Lift Height: 6,600 lbs.
- Maximum Forward Reach: 28'3"
- Capacity at Maximum Forward Reach: 1,000 lbs.
- Maximum Reach Below Grade: 14"
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Model: QSF 3.8 Tier IV
- Power: 120 hp
- Aspiration: Turbocharged
- Rated Speed: 2,500 rpm
- Transmission: Dana 3-speed Powershift
- Maximum Travel Speed: 19.6 mph
- Selective Steering: 4-Wheel 2-Wheel Crab
- Brakes: 4-Wheel Hydraulically Actuated Internal Wet-Disc Brake
- Parking Brake: Spring-Applied, Hydraulic Release (SAHR) on Front Axle
- Axle Manufacturer: Dana
- Pump Type: Gear
- Total Capacity: 41.5 gpm
- System Pressure: 3000 psi
- Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity: 45 gal.
- Approximate Weight: 22,000 lbs.
- Length - Less Forks: 19'1"
- Width: 8'0"
- Ground Clearance: 16"
- Wheelbase: 10'0"
- Turning Radius: 13'8"
- Overall Height: 7'10"
- Frame Leveling: ±10°
- Fuel Capacity: 47 gal.
- Engine Type
- QSF 3.8 Tier IV
- Engine Manufacturer
- Rated RPM
- 2,500 rpm
- Fuel Capacity
- 47 gal.
- Max Ground Speed
- 19.6 mph
- 22,000 lbs.