Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Gehl Z35 GEN:2 Compact Excavator
Call for Price
The Z35:GEN2 Compact Excavator is available in canopy or cab configurations, allowing you to tailor the machine to meet your specific work environment.
* Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
* Optional cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
* Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
* Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
* Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z35 GEN:2 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
* Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
* Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
* One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal or joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
* The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
* Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
* Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
* Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
* Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z35 GEN:2 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
* Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
* Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
* Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
* Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
* Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Gehl Z35:GEN2 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar diesel engine.
* Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
* Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
Model 3TNV88F-ESBV Tier IV
Displacement (L) 100.2 cu.in. (1.64)
Net Power (kW) @ rpm 23.9 hp (17.8) @ 2200
Fuel Tank (L) 10.8 gal. (41)
Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 1.03 gal./hr. (3.9)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z35 GEN:2 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
* Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
* Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
* Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
* Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
* Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear
Total Flow Rate (L/min) 29.4 gpm (111.3)
Working Pressure (bar) 3,060 psi (211)
Swing System Pressure (bar) 2,844 psi (196)
Oil Cooler Standard
Hydraulic Tank (L) 10.6 gal. (40)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z35 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
D Compaction Plates
E Compaction Wheel
F Frost Ripper
H Pavement Removal Bucket
Full Line of Edge Attachments for Z35 GEN:2
* The large, rear hood opens easily to expose the battery, engine oil, air filter and cooling system.
* Remove the right-hand step to reveal the hose joint at the front of the frame.
* The right-hand side cover is easily removed with just two bolts. Remove the top right hand side to easily clean behind the radiator.
* A cover on top of the unit on the right side makes it easy to access the fuel supply.
* The access panel beneath the operator’s seat easily opens to reveal the starter motor, fuse panel, alternator and fan belt.
- Operating Weight with Canopy: 7,905 lbs.
- Operating Weight with Cab: 8,214 lbs.
- Max. Digging Depth: 10'8"
- Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 7'11"
- Max. Reach at Ground Level: 17'3.5"
- Transport Length: 15'8"
- Undercarriage Length: 7'1"
- Max. Digging Height: 16'9.2"
- Max. Dump Height: 11'2.3"
- Minimum Front Swing Radius: 7'1.4"
- Transport Height: 8'1"
- Blade Below Ground: 1'2.6"
- Overall Base Width: 5'8.5"
- Track Width: 11.8"
- Ground Clearance: 12.6"
- Parallel Offset Right: 1'11.2"
- Parallel Offset Left: 2'1.2"
- Rear End Swing Radius: 2'6.5"
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 3TNV88F-ESBV Tier IV
- Type: Diesel
- Displacement: 100.2 cu.in.
- Net Power @ rpm: 23.9 hp @ 2200
- Fuel Tank: 10.8 gal.
- Fuel Consumption: 1.03 gal./hr
- Pumps: 2 variable, 2 gear
- Total Flow Rate: 29.4 gpm
- Working Pressure: 3,060 psi
- Swing System Pressure: 2,844 psi
- Oil Cooler: Standard
- Hydraulic Tank: 10.6 gal.
- Travel Speed - dual: 1.7/2.8 mph
- Gradability: 20°
- Track Type/Width: Rubber/11.8"
- Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle): 4/1
- Undercarriage Length: 7'1"
- Track Length on Ground: 5'10"
- Ground Clearance: 12.6"
- Ground Pressure - Cab/Canopy: 5.0/4.8 psi
- Slew Speed: 9.5 rpm
- Maximum Drawbar Pull: 7,306 lbs.
- Maximum Bucket Breakout: 5,643 lbs.
- Maximum Arm Digging Force: 4,226 lbs.
- Width - extended/retracted: 5'8.5"
- Height: 14.6"
- Electric Glow Plug Starting Aid: Standard
- Eco Mode: Standard
- Yanmar, Naturally-Aspirated Diesel Engine: Standard
- Power-A-Tach® Hydraulic Quick-Attach System: Standard
- Factory Installed Hydraulic Thumb Attachment: Optional
- ISO/SAE Pattern Control Valve: Standard
- Hydraulic Pumps: 4
- Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulic Joystick Control: Standard
- Two-way Auxiliary Hydraulics with Quick Couplers and Direct-to-Tank Bypass Valve: Standard
- Rubber Tracks: Standard
- Selectable 2-Speed Transmission: Standard
- Track Rollers: 4
- Auto Idle: Standard
- 360° Continuous Movement: Standard
- Zero-tail-Swing: Standard
- ROPS/TOPS/FOPS Cab/Canopy: Standard
- Enclosed Cab: Optional
- Canopy: Standard
- Adjustable Armrests - height and angle: Standard
- Forearm Supports: Standard
- Air Conditioning: Optional
- Adjustable Suspension Seat: Standard
- Radio-Ready with Speakers and Antennae: Standard
- Horn: Standard
- Boom Work Lights: Standard
- Engine Type
- 3TNV88F-ESBV Tier IV
- Engine Manufacturer
- Fuel Capacity
- 10.8 gal.
- Max Dig Depth
- Max Dump Height
- 1.7/2.8 mph