Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Gehl Z45 GEN:2 Compact Excavator
Call for Price
The Z45 GEN:2 is available in canopy or cab configurations, allowing you to tailor the machine to meet your specific work environment.
* Large cab offers state-of-the-art controls, digital display and excellent visibility.
* Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
* Optional cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
* Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
* Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
* Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
* Digital Operator Interface shows real time system information, service reminders, and 90 days of
* Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
* Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
* One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal or joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
* The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
* Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
* Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
* Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
* Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
* Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
* Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
* Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
* Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
* Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Tier IV Yanmar diesel engine.
* Yanmar Tier IV certified diesel engine with 37.7 hp provides excellent balance in power and fuel
* ECO Mode can be activated from the cab with a switch. When activated, the engine speed is reduced
by 10%, reducing fuel consumption for lowered operating costs.
* Auto Deceleration lowers noise and emissions levels when the hydraulic movement has not occurred
for more than four seconds. This increases fuel economy and lowers operating costs.
* Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
* Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
Model 4TNV88C-PBV Tier IV
Displacement (L) 133.6 cu.in. (2.19)
Net Power (kW) @ rpm 37.7 hp (28.1) @ 2400
Fuel Tank (L) 17.4 gal. (66)
Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 1.24 gal./hr. (4.7)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z45 GEN:2 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
* Standard auxiliary proportional hydraulics give the operator infinitely variable control of the
* Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
* Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
* Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
* Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
* Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear
Total Flow Rate (L/min) 35.1 gpm (132.8)
Working Pressure (bar) 3,133 psi (216)
Swing System Pressure (bar) 3,133 psi (216)
Oil Cooler Standard
Hydraulic Tank (L) 10.0 gal. (38)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z45 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
D Compaction Plates
E Compaction Wheel
F Frost Ripper
H Pavement Removal Bucket
Full Line of Edge Attachments for Z45 GEN:2
* Two large, rear doors open easily to expose the battery, engine oil, air filter and cooling system.
* Remove the right-hand step to reveal the hose joint at the front of the frame.
* The right-hand side cover is easily removed with just two bolts. Remove the top right hand side to easily clean behind the radiator.
* A cover on top of the unit on the right side allows access to the fuel supply and a handy tool storage tray.
* The access panel beneath the operator’s seat easily opens to reveal the starter motor, fuse panel, alternator and fan belt.
- Operating Weight with Canopy: 10,417 lbs.
- Operating Weight with Cab: 10,814 lbs.
- Max. Digging Depth: 11' 7.8"
- Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 7' 9.7"
- Max. Reach at Ground Level: 18' 10"
- Transport Length: 17' 5.4"
- Undercarriage Length: 8' 6"
- Max. Digging Height: 18' 8.4"
- Max. Dump Height: 12' 0.9"
- Minimum Front Swing Radius: 7' 9.7"
- Transport Height: 8' 4"
- Blade Below Ground: 1' 9.3"
- Overall Base Width: 6' 4.4"
- Track Width: 1' 1.8"
- Ground Clearance: 1' 1.6"
- Parallel Offset Right: 2' 6.3"
- Parallel Offset Left: 2' 2.8"
- Rear End Swing Radius: 3' 2.2"
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4TNV88C-PBV Tier IV
- Type: Diesel
- Displacement: 133.6 cu.in.
- Net Power @ rpm: 37.7 hp @ 2400
- Fuel Tank: 17.4 gal.
- Fuel Consumption: 1.24 gal./hr
- Pumps: 2 variable, 2 gear
- Total Flow Rate: 35.1 gpm
- Working Pressure: 3,133 psi
- Swing System Pressure: 3,133 psi
- Oil Cooler: Standard
- Hydraulic Tank: 10.0 gal.
- Travel Speed - dual: 1.5/2.9 mph
- Gradability: 20°
- Track Type/Width: Rubber/13.8"
- Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle): 4/1
- Undercarriage Length: 8' 6"
- Track Length on Ground: 7' 4.4"
- Ground Clearance: 13.6"
- Ground Pressure - Cab/Canopy: 4.4/4.3 psi
- Slew Speed: 10 rpm
- Maximum Drawbar Pull: 10,611 lbs.
- Maximum Bucket Breakout: 6,497 lbs.
- Maximum Arm Digging Force: 4,676 lbs.
- Width - extended/retracted: 6' 5.6"
- Height: 15.7"
- Electric Glow Plug Starting Aid: Standard
- Yanmar, Naturally-Aspirated Diesel Engine: Standard
- Eco Mode: Standard
- Power-A-Tach® Hydraulic Quick-Attach System: Standard
- Factory Installed Hydraulic Thumb Attachment: Optional
- Hydraulic Pumps: 4
- ISO/SAE Pattern Control Valve: Standard
- Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulic Joystick Control: Standard
- Two-way Auxiliary Hydraulics with Quick Couplers and Direct-to-Tank Bypass Valve: Standard
- Rubber Tracks: Standard
- Selectable 2-Speed Transmission: Standard
- Track Rollers: 4
- 360° Continuous Movement: Standard
- Auto Idle: Standard
- Zero-tail-Swing: Standard
- Enclosed Cab: Optional
- Canopy: Standard
- 3" Safety Belt: Optional
- Adjustable Armrests - height and angle: Standard
- Forearm Supports: Standard
- Adjustable Suspension Seat: Standard
- Air Conditioning: Optional
- Radio-Ready with Speakers and Antennae: Standard
- Horn: Standard
- Boom Work Lights: Standard
- Engine Type
- 4TNV88C-PBV Tier IV
- Engine Manufacturer
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.4 gal.
- 6' 5.6"
- Max Dig Depth
- 11' 7.8"
- Max Dump Height
- 12' 0.9"
- 1.5/2.9 mph