2018 Gehl V420 Vertical-Lift Skid Loader
Call for Price
V420 Vertical-Lift Skid Loader
- Height to Hinge Pin - Fully Raised (mm): 144" (3653)
- Rated Operating Capacity (kg): 4,200 lbs. (1905)
- Power (kW): Gross 120.7 hp (90)
- Overall Operating Height - Fully Raised: 186.8 in.
- Height to Hinge Pin - Fully Raised: 144 in.
- Overall Height to Top of ROPS: 82.0 in.
- Ground Clearance to Chassis: 7.3 in.
- Overall Length with Bucket: 158.5 in.
- Overall Length without Bucket: 121.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.6 in.
- Dump Reach - Fully Raised: 39.5 in.
- Rollback at Ground: 31 deg.
- Dump Angle: 31 deg.
- Overall Width: 79.5 in.
- Bucket Width: 84 in.
- Clearance Circle - Rear: 70.5 in.
- Clearance Circle - Front without Bucket: 50.8 in.
- Clearance Circle - Front with Bucket: 88.5 in.
- Seat to Ground Height: 41.2 in.
- Rollback at Specified Height: 100 deg.
- Dump Height: 114.8 in.
- Departure Angle: 19 deg.
- Standard Specification Tire Size: 14.00 - 17.5 HD
- Make: Deutz
- Model: TCD 3.6 Tier IV
- Gross Power @ rpm: 120 hp @ 2,200
- Displacement: 220 cu.in.
- Maximum Torque @ rpm: 354 ft.-lb. @ 1,600
- Auxiliary Hydraulics - Standard: 32 gpm
- High-Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics - Option: 40.8 gpm
- Reservoir Capacity: 16.75 gal.
- Rated Operating Capacity: 4,200 lb.
- Fuel Tank: 40 gal.
- Travel Speed - Maximum: 10.7 mph
- UREA/DEF Tank: 4.0 gal.
- Operating Weight: 11,665 lb.
- The Gehl V420 skid loader is a shining example of Gehl's superior innovation and well thought-out product development.
- Thick steel plating and heavy-duty pins and bushings strengthen the loader for heavy-duty work.
- The re-designed chassis aids in superior weight distribution, which further enhances stability.
- Electronic engine control and electronic foot and electronic hand throttles allow operation at partial throttle, reducing sound levels and fuel consumption (not available with hand/foot controls).
- The operator's compartment on the V420 skid loader provides a safe and comfortable working environment for operators of all sizes.
- Cab forward design enhances the view to the bucket. Level II FOPS is standard equipment.
- Standard mechanical suspension seat and optional air-ride suspension seat provide enhanced levels of comfort.
- New side-folding restraint bar and armrests with multiple adjustments enhance operator safety and comfort.
- Extra-large side screens combined with a low-profile lift arm design provide a wide field-of-view to the side work areas.
- Optional pressurized sealed cab enclosure with sound reduction material and rear-mounted air filter provide a cleaner and quieter operating environment.
- Dome light, cup holder, 12-volt socket and storage tray.
- Domed, wide-view glass door option reduces glare and provides optimal visibility to the lift arm, work tool and front work area. Large top, front window provides a clear view of the lift arm in its higher lift positions.
- LCD display replaces gauges and is customizable to user preference.
- Controls on the Gehl V420 skid loader are ergonomically designed to reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
- New upper-left and upper-right instrument panels provide easy readout and switch access.
- Infinitely adjustable proportional auxiliary hydraulics.
- Adjustable joystick handles provide ease of operator control with minimal effort, reducing fatigue.
- Hydraloc™ system applies brakes whenever the operator raises restraint bar, leaves the operator's seat or switches off the ignition.
- The Gehl V420 skid loader comes equipped with the power to tackle virtually any job.
- Hydraulic fan with swing-out cooler reduces fuel consumption, reduces noise levels, and provides improved service access.
- Automatic grid heater engine intake heating system provides superior cold-weather starting.
- Engine servicing points are readily accessible.
- Engine has conventional water/ethylene glycol liquid-cooled design.
- Dual element filter and pre cleaner are standard.
- When maximum hydraulic power is needed to run demanding attachments, the V420 Skid Loader is equipped with the tools to get the job done right.
- Standard proportional auxiliary hydraulic control gives the operator the ability to adjust attachment speeds with infinitely adjustable flow control.
- High system pressure delivers more hydraulic muscle to power demanding attachments and deliver superior lifting and breakout forces.
- Lift cylinders incorporate cushioning for smoother operation when lowering the lift arm.
- Standard Hydraglide™ ride control system allows the lift arm to “float" when transporting loads, minimizing loss of material, and increased operator comfort.
- Standard auxiliary detent allows the operator to set attachment for continuous operation.
- Pilot-controlled hydrostatic transmission with direct engine coupling provides high operating efficiency.
- A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators' needs, making their V420 the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular attachments are listed below.
- Cold Planers
- Bulk Material Buckets
- Silage Defacer
- Snow Removal
- Stump Removal Bucket
- Tree Shears
- Tree Puller/Grabbing Tool
- The V420 skid loader vertical-lift arm design was created for maximum reach, superior strength and optimal operator visibility.
- Low-profile lift arm design provides outstanding forward and side visibility.
- Single-plane lift arm design features a heavy-duty timing link, upper-rear channel support and large diameter pivot pins, providing best-in-class vertical and lateral strength and rigidity, as well as exceptional rear visibility.
- Four-point support through dual bucket cylinders and two lift arm stop blocks on the front of the main frame evenly distribute digging forces.
- Large engine cover is hinged and positioned by gas-springs to assist lifting and holding in place, and allows for easy return to closed/operating position.
- At Gehl we know ease of serviceability is very important to our customers. The model V420 skid loader is sure to exceed their expectations.
- Large rear door easily opens on hinges on right side, allowing full access for servicing and maintenance.
- Swing-out cooler provides improved access to engine bay area.
- Entire cabin structure tilts rearward with a gas strut/spring for easy internal service access.
- Coded wiring takes the guesswork out of electrical system identification.
- Drive chains and axle bearings are sealed systems that require no maintenance.
- Cabin filter is located on the top of the operator structure allowing it to pull more clean, fresh air and less debris.
- Rear side panels can be removed with the lift arm in the raised or lowered position.
- Hydraulic tank dipstick allows for simple and fast hydraulic fluid checks.
- Check engine coolant quickly through the handy sight gauge.
NOTES:A - Per SAE J818, SAE J732 and ISO 14397 B - Two-speed is optional on V270 and standard on V330 C - Weight of base unit with standard equipment, standard bucket and 175 lb. operator and full fuel tank
- Engine Type
- TCD 3.6 Tier IV
- Engine Manufacturer
- 120 hp
- Rated RPM
- 2,200 rpm
- Fuel Capacity
- 40 gal.
- SAE Rated Operating Capacity
- 4,200 lb.
- Max Ground Speed
- 10.7 mph
- Tire Size
- 14.00 - 17.5 HD
- 158.5 in.
- 79.5 in.
- 82.0 in.
- 11,665 lb.
- 54.6 in.