2018 Gehl Z45 GEN:2 Compact Excavator
Call for Price
Z45 GEN:2 Compact Excavator
- Net Power (kW): 37.7 hp (28.1)
- Maximum Digging Depth (mm): 11' 7.8" (3550)
- Ground Contact Pressure Cab/Canopy (kPa): 4.4/4.3 psi (30.6/29.4)
- Operating Weight with Canopy: 10,417 lb.
- Operating Weight with Cab: 10,814 lb.
- Max. Digging Depth: 11 ft. 7.8 in.
- Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 7 ft. 9.7 in.
- Max. Reach at Ground Level: 18 ft. 10 in.
- Transport Length: 17 ft. 5.4 in.
- Undercarriage Length: 8 ft. 6 in.
- Max. Digging Height: 18 ft. 8.4 in.
- Max. Dump Height: 12 ft. 0.9 in.
- Minimum Front Swing Radius: 7 ft. 9.7 in.
- Transport Height: 8 ft. 4 in.
- Blade Below Ground: 1 ft. 9.3 in.
- Overall Base Width: 6 ft. 4.4 in.
- Track Width: 1 ft. 1.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 1 ft. 1.6 in.
- Parallel Offset Right: 2 ft. 6.3 in.
- Parallel Offset Left: 2 ft. 2.8 in.
- Rear End Swing Radius: 3 ft. 2.2 in.
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4TNV88C-PBV Tier IV
- Type: Diesel
- Displacement: 133.6 cu.in.
- Net Power @ rpm: 37.7 hp @ 2400
- Fuel Tank: 17.4 gal.
- Fuel Consumption: 1.24 gal./hr
- Pumps: 2 variable, 2 gear
- Total Flow Rate: 35.1 gpm
- Working Pressure: 3,133 psi
- Swing System Pressure: 3,133 psi
- Oil Cooler: Standard
- Hydraulic Tank: 10.0 gal.
Undercarriage and Slewing System
- Travel Speed - dual: 1.5/2.9 mph
- Gradability: 20 deg.
- Track Type/Width: Rubber/13.8 in.
- Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle): 4/1
- Undercarriage Length: 8 ft. 6 in.
- Track Length on Ground: 7 ft. 4.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 13.6 in.
- Ground Pressure - Cab/Canopy: 4.4/4.3 psi
- Slew Speed: 10 rpm
- Maximum Drawbar Pull: 10,611 lb.
- Maximum Bucket Breakout: 6,497 lb.
- Maximum Arm Digging Force: 4,676 lb.
- Width - extended/retracted: 6 ft. 5.6 in.
- Height: 15.7 in.
- The Z45 GEN:2 is available in canopy or cab configurations, allowing you to tailor the machine to meet your specific work environment.
- Large cab offers state-of-the-art controls, digital display and excellent visibility.
- Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Optional cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
- Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator's view after dark.
- The controls on the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Digital Operator Interface shows real time system information, service reminders, and 90 days of operating history.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal or joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
- Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
- The undercarriage of the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
- The Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Tier IV Yanmar diesel engine.
- Yanmar Tier IV certified diesel engine with 37.7 hp provides excellent balance in power and fuel conservation.
- ECO Mode can be activated from the cab with a switch. When activated, the engine speed is reduced by 10%, reducing fuel consumption for lowered operating costs.
- Auto Deceleration lowers noise and emissions levels when the hydraulic movement has not occurred for more than four seconds. This increases fuel economy and lowers operating costs.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
- The advanced hydraulic system on the Z45 GEN:2 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Standard auxiliary proportional hydraulics give the operator infinitely variable control of the hydraulic flow.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
- A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators' needs, making their Z45 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
- Compaction Plates
- Compaction Wheel
- Frost Ripper
- Pavement Removal Bucket
- Two large, rear doors open easily to expose the battery, engine oil, air filter and cooling system.
- The right-hand side cover is easily removed with just two bolts. Remove the top right hand side to easily clean behind the radiator.
- The access panel beneath the operator's seat easily opens to reveal the starter motor, fuse panel, alternator and fan belt.
- A cover on top of the unit on the right side allows access to the fuel supply and a handy tool storage tray.
- Engine Type
- 4TNV88C-PBV Tier IV
- Engine Manufacturer
- Rated RPM
- 2400 rpm
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.4 gal.
- 17 ft. 5.4 in.
- 6 ft. 4.4 in.
- 8 ft. 4 in.
- 10,417 lb.
- Hydraulic System
- 35.1 gpm
- Max Dig Depth
- 11 ft. 7.8 in.
- Max Dump Height
- 12 ft. 0.9 in.
- Max Reach
- 18 ft. 10 in.